Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 4 Hours
Quantity: 10-12 servings
317 calories per serving
- 4 lb roast pork
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pint of water
- 1 pint of beef broth
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1 ” slices
- 5 celery stalks, cut into 1 ’lengths
- ½ medium cabbage, cut in half
- ½ medium turnip cut in half
- 6-8 medium potatoes without skin, cut in half
- 1 C. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- At the bottom of a large pot, sear the pork on each side in the olive oil and the melted butter.
- Add the onions and brown them.
- Add water and beef broth. Season with thyme, salt, pepper and add the bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2 hours over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots, cabbage and turnip and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 1 ½ hours over low heat.