An Instant Pot or pressure cooker makes it faster to make this amazing recipe creamy mushroom risotto that it feels like cooking like a professional.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
428 calories per serving
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided into two portions
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried up thyme
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (preferably thawed)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Foremost, set up the Instant Pot (preferably 6 – qt) for high sauté.
- Melt down 2 tablespoons of butter directly in the pot.
- Add garlic followed by chopped onion. Sauté until they are golden. It will take around 4 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and keep stirring at intervals until tender for about 3-4 minutes in total. At this stage season with salt and pepper, according to taste.
- Pour the chicken broth and cook for a minute.
- Next, place the rice and thyme.
- For the following step change the instant pot settings to manual and pressure it to high with the total duration amounting to 6 minutes. Place the lid tightly.
- After the rice is ready and steamy, quickly release the pressure – remember to take necessary precautions and keep the manufacturer’s directions in mind.
- Whisk in the spinach leaves followed by the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook for about 2 minutes until the spinach has completely softened and mixed with the other ingredients.
- Stir in the peas and Parmesan and heat for about 1 minute.
- The fresh and steamed up risotto is now ready to serve.