Nourishing and delicious cabbage salad made with ramen. This is one of my favorite dishes from China and you will understand why it is!
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 chopped shallots
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 c. sunflower seeds
- 2 packets of crushed Ramen noodles
- 1 finely chopped Chinese cabbage
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- In a saucepan, add the ingredients for the vinaigrette together and boil for 2 minutes. Leave to cool and set aside.
- Brown the almonds and the crushed noodles with the butter in a saucepan and let cool.
- Combine cabbage, shallots and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Add the noodles and almonds with the vinaigrette and mix well.
- Let stand 30 minutes and turn before serving.