This one is a very common Brazilian dish, it’s easy to cook and tastes so good with a little bit of tomato sauce and maybe some shredded cheese over it. This is a quick recipe for a nice lunch!
Preparation: 12 Minutes
Cooking time: 24 Minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
398 calories per serving
First, you need to prepare the “panqueca” or enchilada discs:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (= 240 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- melted butter – 2 tbsp
Then you can work on the filling ingredients:
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast about 1/2 kg
- Salt, pepper
- cumin powder – 2 tsp
- garlic powder – 2 tsp
- onion powder – 2 tsp
- chicken flavour bouillon – 1 tsp
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup green olives chopped
- 3/4 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 + 1/2-cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella – yummy!
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Making the discs: You can start blending all ingredients. Heat a frying pan – medium heat with little oil. Pour the batter onto the pan, 1/3 cup for each disc might be just fine. Tilt the pan with light circular moves to cover the surface.
- Cook until the bottom gets a little brown. Turn cook the other side. Repeat the process until you have enough discs, then you can start preparing the filling, see the next steps.
- Starting with the fillings: Rub chicken with the other ingredients: cumin, garlic, pepper, salt, etc. Brown chicken (medium heat), for approx 7 min each side, then put on a platter.
- Sauté garlic and onion. Add corn, olives, stir well, then add some canned tomatoes, sauté.
- We are almost getting there! Bear with me!
- Time to shred the cooked chicken breasts, then add to the sauté pan and combines with vegetables.
- Mix the tomato sauce with the cream, then reserve it.
- Final steps: It’s time to coat a glass pan with a nice scoop of tomato sauce+heavy cream mix.
- Now you should place a spoon around 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each disc. Fold the discs to prevent spilling.
- Place around 7 discs on the pan and top the filled discs with the remaining sauce and cheese to taste.
- Just take it to the oven for 10 min – preheated 350F or 180° C let the cheese melt.
- You can serve this amazing dish with a fresh salad and you will be fine!